The Waboba Surf ball is billed as having “space age technology” that allows it to magically bounce on water. I’m not so sure about the technology, but it is a really fun water toy that skips and skims across the water the same way a flat stone skims across a pond. The ball is made from polyurethane with a lycra outer wrap. This makes the ball light and easy to grip too.
The ball is small, about the size of a small orange (2.3 inches X 2.1 inches) and weighs just 2.1 ounces.
Overall: We had a lot of fun with this ball making it skip and skim across the water. It’s not really a water volleyball ball, but it is a lot of fun to throw into the mix for a pool or lake party.
- Lots of fun to play with — awesome to skip across the water
- Great price for what you get
- Not a great ball for a serious game of water volleyball — the ball is too small for a real volleyball game
- The lycra cover can be damaged if it skimmed across concrete or other hard surfaces (make sure to keep it in the pool)
- Not for use as a dog toy — it won’t stand up to a dog’s teeth
Find it on Amazon